WELCOME TO NITHYA SAHAYA MATHA CHURCH
Nithya Sahaya Matha Parish is located in Tenali, Andhra Pradesh (India). It is situated in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Guntur. It is under the pastoral care of Redemptorist Congregation. Primarily Nithya Sahaya Matha Parish was a substation of Peda Parimi Parish. In the year 1940 it was bifurcated, made into a Parish and Msgr. Fr. Kodadala Chinnapa, known to be a great apostle of Tenali because of his Charity and Sanctity, was made the first Priest in-charge. As soon as he began to minister to the people, he saw the need for a proper place for worship. With that end in mind, in 1950 he began the construction of the Church, completed it in 1952 and named it after our Mother of Perpetual Help. It was blessed by His Lordship Bishop Thomas Pothacamury. Memorable for their faith, service and love for the people - Rev. Fr. Anthaiah, Fr. Joseph Pannikatt and Fr. Patibandla William served in the Parish.
Tenali, in 1960's, was a Cinderella among the Parishes of the Diocese. Spread over the entire Taluk, the Parish comprised over 30 villages. Though the area was very rich with fertile land and ground water, the Catholics were very poor - landless and daily labourers. To this multi-faceted Parish, in the year 1965, the then Bishop of Guntur Rt. Rev Bishop Mummadi Ignatius, invited the Redemptorists and entrusted to them the pastoral care of Tenali Parish, which was entitled 'Nithya Sahaya Matha Parish'.